>> Main Window
The Main Window will appear after you execute COM Cam, and it is where all its functions and menus can be accessed.
If you execute GOM Cam for the first time after installation, the Main Window will first display a brief guide about the program’s main functions.
- 1. Basic Menu
- This is the basic menu for the program. Here, you can view program information, license information, or help messages; as well as open folders containing files.
- Open Storage Folder : This opens the folders where captured files are stored.
- Configuration : This will display the configuration window.
- Help : This will connect you to the Help or FAQ page of the program homepage.
- Program Info : This will display the program version and copyright information.
- License Info : If it is a free version, you can register it as a full version here. If it is a full version, its license status is displayed.
- Close Program : This will close COM CAM.
- 2. License info
- This menu will open the License Info window. If it is a free version, you can register it as a full version here. If it is a full version, its license status is displayed.
- 3. FAQ
- This will connect you to the FAQ page of the program homepage. If you have any questions, look for them in the FAQ.
If you cannot find the answer, then contact our Customer Center.
- 4. Screen Recording
- Screen Recording is a function that enables the selection and recording of an area on a PC screen. To select an area, you can click the Screen Recording icon and designate the area with the mouse. You may also click the arrow (▶) button next to the Screen Recording icon, and then select an area in the desired mode. After selecting an area, click the Start Recording button to begin recording.
After recording, the size of the recently selected area will be displayed in the Screen Recording Menu List and labeled as “Size of Recent Use”.
- Full screen : The entire PC screen will be set as the recorded area. If you use 2 or more monitors, then you can click the one you want to record with the mouse, setting it as the recording area.
- Specify Area with Mouse : This function is similar to clicking the Screen Recording icon on the Main Window. You can drag over the desired area with the mouse, or click a window area of the screen to set it as the area to be recorded.
- Direct Input : You can enter numeric values for the width x height, and the recording area will be set with the specified size.
- 5. Webcam Recording
- Webcam Recording is a function that enables the recording of images taken by the lens of a webcam device connected to your PC. If a number of webcams are connected to the PC, then you can select one by clicking the Webcam Recording icon and selecting a device among the displayed device list. You can set the file resolution for webcam-recorded videos in the Device Setting menu in the Webcam Recording window.
- 6. Game Recording
- Game Recording is a function that enables recording of the screen of an online game or a program that is based on Direct X/Open GL. After selecting the Game Recording menu, click the game window to be recorded. The program will automatically check if recording is possible in the game mode, and then notify you of the result.
- 7. Setting
- This is the menu that enables you to configure the program.
- 8. File List
- In the File List that is displayed first after you execute GOM Cam, you can view the list of recorded videos and captured images. In this list, you can play videos, open images, change file names, upload files, or delete files.
- 9. View Storage Folder
- This menu displays the details about the folder that is set as the file saving path. If the path has any subfolders, then the folder list will be displayed. When you click a subfolder, its file list will be displayed.
- 10. File Name
- This menu will display the names of saved files. The default file name format is GOMCAM Date_Time. The file name format can be modified in the Configuration menu. You can also click this area to sort files by ascending/descending order.
- 11. Size
- This menu will display the size of the capture file.
- 12. Duration
- This menu will display the playtime of the video file.
- 13. Select File Type
- This menu enables you to select the file types to be displayed in the file list. [All] will display both the video and image files, and [Video] and [Image] will display the list of video files and image files, respectively.
- 14. Play / Open
- When you select a video file, the [Play] button will be enabled. When you select an image file, the [Open] button will be enabled. When you select files of both types concurrently, no button will be enabled. When you click the [Play] button, the video file will be played with the default player, and when you click the [Image] button, the image will be opened with the default viewer.
- 15. Change name
- This menu enables you to change the name of a selected file. After selecting a file, you can click the [Change Name] button, or the [F2] key, to enter editing mode. After editing, click the [Enter] key. If you change a file name in the file list, then the name of the actual file will be also changed in the folder where it is stored.
- 16. Upload
- You can upload a selected file to YouTube, Google Drive, or Facebook. For more details, refer to Useful Functions.
- 17. Delete
- This menu enables you to delete a selected file. If you delete a file in the file list, then the actual file will also be deleted from the folder where it is stored.