>> Effects settings/Preview
The Set Effect function enables decoration of PC screen recordings by adding images, text, or images captured with webcam devices.
For example, when you make lecture videos or game screen recordings, you can use the webcam image addition function of the Set Effect window to add webcam images to the lecture videos or game screen recordings.
- 1. Effect List
- This menu shows the list of added images, text, or images captured with webcam devices. You can enable/disable previous additions, change layout, edit setting details, or delete them.
- 2. Add Webcam
- You can add web videos on the screen recording by adding a webcam device to the video. If you want to show and then hide webcam video, then you can use the enable/disable option of the Effect List. If a mike device is connected to the webcam, then you can also record your voice and use it for broadcasting purposes.
- 3. Add Image
- This function enables you to add images to the video. You can change the transparency, location, and size of the images. You can utilize the video as logotypes by adding images or text to it.
- 4. Add Text
- This function enables adding text to video. You can apply various effects such as text fonts, sizes, and backgrounds, and utilize them as logotypes or subtitles.
- 5. Preview Area
- This function enables real-time viewing of the video being recorded. If you add images, text, or webcam images in the Set Effect Window, then they will not be displayed in the recording area. They will instead be shown in the preview area of the Set Effect Window as they are recorded in the file. You can also move or change size of the added effect objects by dragging them with the mouse.
- 6. Speaker Volume
- This menu enables you to adjust or mute the volume of the sound output from the PC.
- 7. Mike Volume
- This menu enables you to adjust or mute the volume of the mike device installed on the PC.
Webcam - Camera Menu
- 1. Resolution
- This menu enables you to set the resolution of the webcam recording screen. Adjustments can be also made while the video is being recorded.
- 2. Set Color
- This menu enables you to set the brightness, contrast, chroma, and transparency of the camera color.
- 3. Reset Color Setting
- This menu reset the camera color values to the default values.
- 4. Webcam Location
- This menu enables you to set the location where the added webcam images are displayed on the screen. You can select a position from the predefined position list, or move or change the size of the webcam screen by dragging the mouse.
Webcam - Decoration Menu
The Decoration menu provides a chroma-key function. The chroma-key function enables you to combine the desired color or image in a specific color area.
An easy-to-understand example is the weather information screen displayed during TV weather forecast. In the TV weather forecast, we see a weather broadcaster standing in front of a large weather screen. In actuality, the broadcaster is standing in front of a blue or a green screen, and the weather information screen is combined in the screen area behind the broadcaster during the editing work. For more details about the chroma-key function, refer to this.
- 1. Set Chroma-key
- This menu enables you to select whether to use the chroma-key function. To use chroma key, select a color target in the “Color Key”. If you choose white, the white color or a color similar to white in the screen will be specified as the chroma-key area. According to similarity to the chroma key, the closer color to the color key will be recognized.
- 2. Set Background
- You can set the background by combining a different color or image in the area specified by the color key.
- 1. Image Path
- This menu will display the path of the added image. To change the image, click the [Browse] button.
- 2. Transparency
- This menu enables you to set transparency of the image.
- 3. Image Location
- This menu enables you to set the location where the image is to be displayed on the screen. You can select a position from the predefined position list, or move or change the size of the image by dragging the mouse.
- 1. Enter Text
- When you enter text, it will be displayed in the Preview area, and the screen will be recorded as displayed. You can also edit text that was entered previously.
- 2. Text Style
- You can set various text styles, modifying elements such as text fonts, sizes, and alignments, and colors.
- 3. Text Display Effect
- This menu enables you to set display effects, scroll directions, and speed. You can sue the scroll function to create an effect in which the text moves up/down/left/right on the screen.
- 4. Text Location
- This menu enables you to set the location where text is displayed on the screen. You can select a position from the predefined position list, or move or change the size of the text by dragging the mouse.